Members of the Government Social Media Organization represent themselves and their government agency and are held to high standards. In 2018, GSMO developed and published its first Member Code of Conduct for members in its GSMO Operations Plan (pdf).
Member Code of Conduct
All members shall be subject to the GSMO Code of Conduct. Violation of this code may result in action taken up to and including termination of membership.
- Demonstrate and be dedicated to the highest ideals of honor and ethical integrity in your role as a public sector employee.
- Have respect for the property of others and treat others with civility.
- Show proper consideration for the privacy of citizens and colleagues.
- Never post malicious, misleading or unfair content about your agency, colleagues or other stakeholders.
- Unlawful harassment or mistreatment of others is not tolerated.
- Attempt to resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.